• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
05-01-2012, 07:06 AM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
(05-01-2012, 02:31 AM)Herr Straßen Läufer Wrote: Pawel, at this point I think you need to just list your ROE's in bullet point fashion.
What if's and many sentences of justification may be muddling the discussion?

Muddling is something I have inherent skill in :)

For the record (if anyone is interested at all ROTFLMAO ) my preferences are following:

* optional rules all on but VV

* HTs drawing OppFire - I do not do it and prefer play it that way. I would not shout about few cases in the game. I will be bothered if my opponent take it to a ridiculous levels .....

* units with 0 assault factor which are incapable of firing ( trucks, leaders? ) should not be used for assault blocking

* units capable of firing can be used for assualt blocking (russian ATR, any ATs, artillery, HQ) - and I am not a madman putting my HQs, and artillery up front to provide the means for assault blocking.... But if someone wants to use HQ or artillery on the front line I will accept their indirect "request" for their removal from the map ROTFLMAO
I would not hesitated to assualt an enemy unit which say ended up next to my arti or HQ......

* Any units with assault factor > 0 are allowed to assault on their own - No problem at all when playing EA on ( yes it it propably mostly about the HTs :) ) . With EA off one could capture disrupted heavy tanks with HTs which is a taking things to a ridiculous level Crazy

* Exit - I think it is acceptable to allow the defender to retreat units with 0 assault factor (like HQ or artillery) through their friendly entry point ( by that I mean for instance friendly reinforcement entry hexes). I consider the defender pulling back under pressure is allowed to for a withdraw.... Under really heavy pressure I can acccept the defender retreating toward reinforcements entry hex and when there is not more room for retreat I think it is acceptable to retreat units with no assault factor (e.g. HQs, artillery). I would leave other units to die off protecting the retreat route for the former ones. I see this as a feasible thing in the battle where HQ and artillery would be first to flee when threatened. I stress I would leave other units on the map as I would think in a combat situation this is what would happen -another personal view.
I know this can be a shaky ground. I have seen 1 or 2 scenarios when the defending side could have a draw or minor victory by abandoning all objectives and exiting the map with no or small losses. I would not want to hold my opponent like fish in a tank, but I would ask a question why playing in the first place :) ? - Personally I routinely exit trucks, occasionaly halftracks when not needed. They will be exiting through what I consider my edge of the map.

I even managed a lot of sentences in bullet points. LMAO

Hopefully they are not as muddled though :)

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by PawelM - 05-01-2012, 07:06 AM