• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
05-01-2012, 02:31 AM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
Pawel, at this point I think you need to just list your ROE's in bullet point fashion.
What if's and many sentences of justification may be muddling the discussion?

*Trucks and non combat transports
*Half tracks
*Leaders and HQ's
*Etc.

I will pull up my personal ROE's, that I discuss with each opponent, prior to starting a match. Once fleshed out they haven't changed much in ten or so years.
And, much thought upon the tactical use of a unit, (since the game is a tactical level simulation based on the "platoon & squadron" organization), goes into the personal ROE's.
Some are even justified through "study" & reading.

One consistent point on trucks. I never read where a truck and driver were sent behind the lines to spot for the combat units. Nor have I read where a commander ordered trucks to park nose to tail along the length of a highway to deny the enemy passage. Nor, did a commander ever order every truck in his command to drive into one area to deny the enemy a line of sight to friendly regular combat units.
Never happened. That is part of the historical justification of the use of my personal ROE's.

As I have consistently stated, these are my personal ROE's. No one has to like them or accept them. Nor would I want anyone to say these should be the ones that the whole club should follow.
Some are negotiable. Some are not. Playing a game with me is the only circumstance.

As with Extreme Assault. Some believe it adds realism. Some do not. Some think that the game without using EA is more realistic. Others do not.
Those are opinions and are not ROE's. I hope you can appreciate the description of the difference?

On your previous point about HT's and assaults. I use HT's to assault. Alone against broken soft units. Only in conjunction with other combat units (infantry & armor) against tanks.

Heck, I do not even assault with light tanks or armored scouts against medium or heavy disrupted tanks. I only use them in those assaults in conjunction with other combat units.

cheers

HSL
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by Herr Straße Laufer - 05-01-2012, 02:31 AM