• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
04-29-2012, 09:26 PM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
(04-29-2012, 08:12 PM)PawelM Wrote: After I joined the Blitz not so long ago I learned I would do some gamey stuff every so often, mainly HT use and (as of recently learned) regarding complete ban on exiting units. Because this was the way I used to play before I do not mind a game like that. At the same time I equally enjoy a game with ROE limiting gamey play.

Uh, not exiting non combat units is not a universally accepted personal ROE. I move wagons, trucks, and unarmed halftracks off the map. Only combat units (anything that can fire and/or assault) stays on regardless. Though, if specifically stated by the scenario designer or a tournament director I will keep them on (and take them on axle busting journeys through the mountains, valleys, and forests. Using unlimited supplies of gas and driver strength.).

(04-29-2012, 08:12 PM)PawelM Wrote: I could only hope that any sensible member disliking gamey style, can be sensible and would play with some like me provided I adhere to the rules which were communicated to me- rather that assumed I should know them.....

Adhering to previously accepted rules is sensible.

(04-29-2012, 08:12 PM)PawelM Wrote: personally when I play someone the first time in an individual game I always discuss optional rules like AF, EA etc and try and ask the question about any other ROE?
I expect to get a reply detailing any ROE. So say if a player replies all options on But Vv and EA, I would take it all the game allows is in force....' which in my case would more to do with the exit and HT as above.

Always ask the question, "what about non combat units?" Otherwise the second part only refers to Vv and EA. Later your opponent cannot complain (or should not). They should understand that they did not detail their personal ROE's, and cannot hold it against you.

(04-29-2012, 08:12 PM)PawelM Wrote: does it mean I should be tainted or excluded by one the camps? I hope not. Because, regardless of the rules, I always offer an honest game and adhere to the rules which have been agreed.

I see it as, we are all in one camp. The Blitz JTCS camp. Each player has their own way of doing things but, we all love the game?

Like in the example of a meat eater and a vegetarian?
We all leave our camp tents to meet at the meal. It does not mean we all have to eat everything?

cheers

HSL

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by Herr Straße Laufer - 04-29-2012, 09:26 PM