• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
04-29-2012, 08:12 PM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
(04-29-2012, 11:50 AM)Von Earlmann Wrote: You know this is a good thread..........maybe a discussion by both players before playing is a good idea after all :-)......however, if a player tends to be gamey no discussion will change that.......same as if a player tends to be historical....no discussion will change that..........so east is east and west is west and never the twain shall meet........sad but true :-)

VE
Agreed and this is why I would even want to convince anyone.

After I joined the Blitz not so long ago I learned I would do some gamey stuff every so often, mainly HT use and (as of recently learned) regarding complete ban on exiting units. Because this was the way I used to play before I do not mind a game like that. At the same time I equally enjoy a game with ROE limiting gamey play.

as VE said these are 2 completely differen ways to play the game, but some people may choose to play both rather than limiting it to one. I could only hope that any sensible member disliking gamey style, can be sensible and would play with some like me provided I adhere to the rules which were communicated to me- rather tha assumed I should know them.....

personally when I play someone the first time in an individual game I always discuss optional rules like AF, EA etc and try and ask the question about any other ROE?
I expect to get a reply detailing any ROE. So say if a player replies all options on But Vv and EA, I would take it all the game allows is in force....' which in my case would more to do with the exit and HT as above.

does it mean I should be tainted or excluded by one the camps? I hope not. Becasue regardless of the rules I always offer an honest game and adhere to the rules which have been agreed.

Uffffff that was a long one :)

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by PawelM - 04-29-2012, 08:12 PM