• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
04-29-2012, 02:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-29-2012, 05:57 AM by Scud.)
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
If you guys can come up with a list, Mike, Toni, or I will be glad to post sticky under Mike West's suggested heading: Things to discuss before starting a PBEM.

There's no need to debate every item on the list in this thread. They are to be debated individually with your opponent.

I'd start with the use of trucks and noncombat vehicles.

I'd put in the blocking of line-of-site too. I'd forgotten that trick. Tough one, since it can be used legitimately and also gamey.

Can you still use artillery to target your own fixed units with the intent of unfixing them? I seem to recall Jason Petho saying that was fixed.

Exiting units off the map from non-exit hexes. Allow or not? Exceptions?

Pawel. Start making the list. Number the list and post it here. Again, no need to discuss each point on this thread. These are discussion points for opponents to make pre-PBEM.

Lastly, I will ask Raz about the feasibility of creating a field for "personal ROE's" in their profile. It may or may not be worth his effort, so we'll see.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by Scud - 04-29-2012, 02:53 AM