• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
04-28-2012, 10:58 PM,
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games"
HSL,
I never intended to question any specifics of your or anyones else ROE. Neither with stating point 1 and 2 I said this is the way you normally do. I was reading your posts in this thread andfound these two in your post. This was not aimed as any accusation but just pointing out what transpired from the tow point purely.

As for top gun advice, your message on the ROE was clear and you have done a great job making sure the tournament.

Is that making the intention of my post clearer, i.e. No accusations or offence intended?
It seems I am having problem to capture precaisly what I mean with my words. I have to go back to my english books :)

My view on ROE are simple they should be agreed prior the gameK unless as HSL pointed out you player know them from previous games). I would not want resort to searching throught the forums in order to find out more on someone rules of engagement.

Lets imagine player A and B want to play each other. They do have non overlaping ROEs. Even if the player A has more commonly accepted rules as he might think (whatever more commonly accepted rules mean :) ) they might not be as common and knwon to player B. If they both fail to discuss ROE and base their play on their assumptions, then IMHO they equally guilty. And I think it should not have anything to do whose rules are more widely accepted.

Did I manage to make itunderstandable enough and not offend or upset anyone :)

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request for an Important Thread: "Rules of Engagement for PBEM Games" - by PawelM - 04-28-2012, 10:58 PM