• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
04-25-2012, 06:33 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-25-2012, 07:29 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 22

French commander (Foul) turn 22 thoughts:
In the North
Can you believe it! The most quiet area of the front almost becomes my undoing, a freak retreat by my cavalry to a side hex exposed the bridge and Rick managed to overrun a MG unit and get across, if i had not set some Cuirassiers north on a "just in case" mission my whole northern front might have been exposed?

In the Centre
Chaotic fighting all along the line, i lose the village of Vimy and a counterattack was beaten off, Rick is now at the foot of the ridge and once again had it not been for a detachment of Cuirassiers i had sent south this part of the line might have collapsed, to the south of the ridge his advance has ground to a crawl although i expect him to gain a foothold on Vimy ridge next turn.

In the South
I manage to hold my positions on the southern ridge although my 75's have been whittled down in the effort, this area will need to be reinforced first when my expected reinforcements turn up.

Night move next, yippee!!!

German commander (RickyB) turn 22 thoughts:
My attack in the north continues to pick up some steam - the French relief attempt for their trapped cavalry ended in disaster as I assaulted with deployed cavalry against the relief units, from which they automatically retreated - into the pocket trapped against the river line. I then launched another foot attack which caused heavy losses as the units couldn't retreat but tried so they lost half their strength. Then I launched numerous cavalry charges until the entire group was destroyed. I also advanced north of the river, disrupting 3 French cavalry units and pushing them back.

There were some minor advances elsewhere although most of my infantry is worn out so the attacks won't continue forever.

[Image: 1cfec9bfa3Turn22_French1.jpg]

Observer (Volcano) thoughts:
Only an up close image of the northern flank is shown here because the rest of the front remains largely the same as night falls.

At the evening of the third day, it is good to see that the Germans are now attacking around the northern flank with cavalry, but unfortunately it seems like there isn't enough strength to spare in that movement make a huge difference, but some objectives will probably be taken by surprise.

[Image: b69bd53889Turn22_VP_levels.jpg]

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 04-25-2012, 06:33 AM