• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Prodigal Son Returns
04-16-2012, 05:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-16-2012, 05:33 PM by Larry Reese.)
RE: Prodigal Son Returns
Thank you all for the generous words; it is greatly appreciated.

The wound vacc came off on Monday, so we've been a week without and packing using wet to dry dressings with Dakin's solution (essentially the active ingredient of household bleach and liquid plumber in a highly diluted state, first in widespread use in WWI). This has caused some concern at times because it promotes an unhealthy dressing appearance at changes. Anyway - appears to be going well; Dr. Reese is in training.

Sent the papers back to the title company by UPS yesterday, so the carpet/tile/hardwood/granite counter store purchase is past the point of no return. The guy who owns it is going to stay on and run it as he has been for up to two months after the sale while I get my wife well enough to make the move. His mother has been "manning" the store for him for years while he takes care of his house building business and chases the big ticket flooring sales and he is going to keep her on during this two month period paying her out of his own pocket. I am quite indebted to him for this; though I was more than willing to pay her for her time, at this critical juncture ever dollar counts. Glad to have this as a financial baseline from which to explore the legal market in the town.

I thought we'd found a house we wanted in Big Spring but it appears it was sold out from under us. Our house here in Houston is already committed to being rented (so we don't have to try and get a sale in the crappy market here). The tenant in my rent house (my old first home) is wanting to move into the bigger house when we move out; will have to find a new renter for that one, or pray to the sales gods we can get a buyer.

Boys and Julia doing well, for the most part. Julia had bad virus, very high temps (I was up on the phone with the on-call physician at 0200 with her at one point at 104 degrees plus). I was sick but got better. Still haven't fixed the sheet rock where the AC imploded, or the ECM in the GTO (need to the pull the module out and mail it off to software specialty company to get it unlocked so we can retune - then it will hopefully only need new O2 sensors and plugs, plus tweaked tune to fix). Still need to sell the other two cars, even taking losses on them. And find a house to move into, and arrange for all the move, plus get the cases I'm handling wrapped up or shifted to other attorneys (though in at least two cases this will not be possible for ethics reasons).

Sorry guys, I'm rambling I know. Just thinking out loud. Hopefully turns will be more frequent now, as things slide into some limited form of a routine prior to the move.

Take it easy all,

Larry

EDIT - just realized when I was in my home town that I had not taken a single photo of the boys since they had come home from the hospital. How sad is that? Just no time to think about it. Here are two photos though: big sister hunting eggs, and the two boys (Larry Jackson on the left, Harrison Nicholas on the right). I'd told everyone that asked we were going to name them Adolf and Fidel, but of course, we didn't in the end. Ha.

Attached Files
.jpg   HuntingEggs.jpg (Size: 64.64 KB / Downloads: 19)
.jpg   Two Boys.jpg (Size: 93.35 KB / Downloads: 17)
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Prodigal Son Returns - by Larry Reese - 04-04-2012, 03:15 PM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by zap - 04-04-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Herr Straße Laufer - 04-04-2012, 07:22 PM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Scud - 04-05-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Big Ivan - 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Mike Abberton - 04-06-2012, 11:20 PM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Jim von Krieg - 04-09-2012, 06:43 AM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Larry Reese - 04-16-2012, 05:14 PM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Jim von Krieg - 04-17-2012, 02:56 AM
RE: Prodigal Son Returns - by Scud - 04-17-2012, 07:03 AM