• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Red Victory has Arrived & Installed!
04-12-2012, 02:12 AM,
RE: Red Victory has Arrived & Installed!
Here are a few extra tips to help your learning curve.

99% of the PBEM opponents I normally play against use the email encryption. The main reason I use it is to prevent myself or my opponent from accidentally opening the wrong side of the turn. You will easily find out that once you start learning and enjoying theses games, it can become very hard to remember who's on what side. Also, it is good to know that once you enter in a password, it can not be changed during that scenario battle. I use the same password all of the time so I don't have trouble forgetting it. Rolling Eyes

Another helpful piece of advice is to make sure you go to the Settings drop down menu located along the top of the map. Make sure you select (has a check mark in front of it) "Ask Before Advancing" and "Ask Before Unloading/Dropping". While learning the game, you will not always know what you are clicking on and having these two setting selected "on" will help give you a "safety check" to make sure you are doing what you really want to do, and not dropping weapons when you don't want to or advancing the game turn accidentally, before you are ready to.

Also make sure that "Select Single Use" is not checked. Not selecting this, will greatly help prevent you from accidentally using single use weapons or weapons with a certain number of uses, inadvertently. Theses type of weapons can include satchel charge, smoke grenade, flamethrower, etc.

Another big helpful hint: It doesn't matter if you are using the main tank gun or a anti-tank gun, if you decide to switch ammo loads to a HE, the gun will only fire that load type until you manually switch it back to AP. It is also possible to switch ammo load types even when the gun or tank does not have any more movement points. It is good to remember to do that, or you could easily find yourself in big trouble during your opponents next turn, he has a tank or two that come into LOS of your tank and you happen to have HE loaded, instead of AP!

Finally, protect your vehicles as much as possible. They are worth alot of points which can easily turn a Minor Victory or a draw into a loss for you.

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Red Victory has Arrived & Installed! - by Compass Rose - 04-12-2012, 02:12 AM