• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Squad Battles - Is it for me?
03-26-2012, 05:21 AM,
RE: Squad Battles - Is it for me?
Hey Kool Kat!

Any of the WW2 games are pretty popular, Red Victory has the best balanced scenarios, and over 90 of them. Winter War is good as well, with great scenarios, and a very cool topic, but it's not as popular as RV. Advance of the Reich and Eagles Strike are good as well, with a ton of user made scenarios for those two games. Lots of well done ASL conversions. If you have any of those games, you will have lots of opponents. We are pretty active, if you want to play I don't think you will lack for games. I've never had a problem. :) We are much better behaved than the CS forums. Big Grin Polite and helpful. The designers and playtesters are pretty active on the boards as well, which can give you an inside look at how the game works. Oz, Mike and Joao are all good guys and willing to answer questions.

Top 3 qualities... I like the scale, once I get above a battalion I am lost. Even some large SB scenarios are almost to big for me to enjoy. Good infantry combat, and a simple but effective morale system as well. You can control individual weapons in a squad. The interface is a little tough to learn, lots of buttons, but once you know it you don't even have to think about it. Three not so good things... Simplistic armour system, which can be frustrating. I haven't played many other games, so I don't have much to compare it too.

Anyway, here is some more reading for you, about gameplay and tactics and how the engine works.

https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=57984

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Squad Battles - Is it for me? - by Kool Kat - 03-26-2012, 03:43 AM
RE: Squad Battles - Is it for me? - by Mad_Dog - 03-26-2012, 05:21 AM
RE: Squad Battles - Is it for me? - by grofaz - 03-26-2012, 08:22 AM
RE: Squad Battles - Is it for me? - by Richie61 - 03-26-2012, 09:10 AM