• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
03-20-2012, 06:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 02:10 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues?
Hi fellas, i just wrapped up a test game of this scenario a few days ago and thought i should weigh in.

Since I usually am able to best Eric (boisforas) when we play Big Grin (don't hit me Eric Yikes2Tank2 ), I had to be extra careful with my review.

My advice is to read BOTH scenario notes (where the player describes his opinion of the scenario itself, under the heading "Complete Player Voting Stats") as well as battle (mini aar) notes (under 'complete gaming records'). It might leave one's impression of the review a bit more well-rounded.

Of course, saying that the scenario has victories on both sides shows that it is at least reasonably balanced is a good argument.

My overall gist of the scenario is really what I was getting at - it is very tank heavy for the allies, but that would be an easy fix. I enjoyed the scenario and so did Eric.

Btw, I have noticed that the vast majority of games played have no notes listed under either category. C'mon, guys! Write out a mini aar for your games - it takes only a minute, and they're an invaluable resource for the scenario designer for balancing, as well as offer a 'snapshot' to other players considering choosing that scenario for play. They're sometimes funny to read as well.

Take care.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WF: Breakout at Benicourt - Balance Issues? - by John Given - 03-20-2012, 06:16 AM