• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

IF you enjoy WW1 naval war as I do...
02-13-2012, 05:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-13-2012, 05:10 PM by -72-.)
RE: IF you enjoy WW1 naval war as I do...
(02-13-2012, 02:37 PM)gabeeg Wrote: It actually is only operational in the sense that its primary focus is not individual ship control, it is really geared to you being the admiral (there are Rear admiral and captain modes, each with more control...but not at a true tactical decision level). Hopefully, Where the true operational comes in is in the promised campaign system that will be released. Currently it does not sound as if it would meet your needs as ports are not yet considered or any logistics such as coaling, etc.

You will be happy to hear that colors for sea, land and sides are not hard coded and can be changed in the preferences.

...I am intrigued by your project...can we hear more?

It isn't really my project per se - but I am working on some material for SPW's 'Der Weltkrieg' series. I just happen to be involved in the proof-reading aspect of a set of reprinted titles. At this point the series isn't slated to have anything but an abstract role for the naval system. The suggestion I had read and thought about was maybe working with Avalanche Press' Great War at Sea set (although for me that system's combat resolution seems a little too abstract...).

At this point it is more of a mod project I am thinking of -and more info (such as NWS' title) is probably a good thing. I suppose at this point it is more of a potential idea.

___

So who knows- but the next time I get in an order I might add that in as well. I appreciate the info. :)
Bydand
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: IF you enjoy WW1 naval war as I do... - by -72- - 02-13-2012, 05:06 PM