• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

RS Sorrow on Saipan - Design Notes
01-21-2012, 06:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-21-2012, 06:23 AM by Kool Kat.)
RE: RS Sorrow on Saipan - Design Notes
(01-21-2012, 05:09 AM)Huib Versloot Wrote: Yeah well a counter assault is something I can only dream of at the moment (I am Japanese). I don't play much RS, so maybe it's me but the Japanese weaponry seems so inferior, even at close range. Perhaps the defense factor of the marines is very high? Haven't checked.

Marine platoon = Defense 9 and Morale 7

Japanese infantry platoon = Defense 7 and Morale 8

Japanese MG platoon = Defense 5 and Morale 8

One of the primary reasons for adding an engineer company in the Japanese OOB... was to help offset (or attempt to offset?) the defense strength superiority of the American Marines... and to provide some decent anti-tank capability.

The American Marine high defense strength + morale and 14 inch naval artillery... is a devastating combo against the Japanese. Yikes

The proposal to place 80mm dual purpose guns firing direct from bunkers... is so the Japanese have opportunity to extract "some" damage from the advancing Americans... who must move through open terrain... before the Marines get in close among the entrenchments and heavy jungle cover.

I believe these dual purpose guns may be able to survive 1-3 turns firing direct from bunkers... maybe longer if I look toward reducing naval bombardment strength? Idea2

This scenario... by far... has been the toughest one I've ever developed to get the balance correct! Whip
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RS Sorrow on Saipan - Design Notes - by Kool Kat - 01-16-2012, 10:25 PM
RE: RS Sorrow on Saipan - Design Notes - by Kool Kat - 01-21-2012, 06:20 AM