• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
08-23-2011, 08:01 AM,
RE: How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder
Who knows? I would, however, think summer time has a little to do with it. When the weather's nice who wants to be on a computer? Also, as far as the ins and outs of the game is concerned, maybe most members are up to speed, so not much need to post game-play questions anymore, certainly not to the same degree as in 1999, 2000.

I would remind everyone that there's more to theblitz than just the CS area. The quiz's for ladder points gets activity site-wide. Good place to challenge members from the, ~ahem, lesser forums.

Earlier this years, based on CS member suggestions, we opened two new forums, one to discuss and recommend custom scenarios, and one to nominate a monthly "Senario of the Month". Although the latter doesn't get much banter, I've personally had players challenge me to the monthly nominated scenario, so I know at least it's being viewed.

Lastly, I discount suggestions that threads aren't stimulating. Sure, true of some, and yeah, maybe the fault is our own, but I still find those comments awfully subjective. To those who think that way, challenge yourself to starting one that is stimulating.

By the way, off topic threads are allowed if marked as such, with some exceptions spelled out in the club rules. I've always felt that, although we're a wargaming community, we're still a community and if this were a "brick-and-mortar" club conversations at the bar wouldn't be limited to just CS gaming. It's how we keep interest in not just the game, but each other.

So... pretty good thread, Keith!

cheers

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How Many Active players are in the Camp. Series Ladder - by Scud - 08-23-2011, 08:01 AM