• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tunisia'43 unbalanced scenarios.
08-03-2011, 04:20 AM,
Tunisia'43 unbalanced scenarios.
I've played several Tunisia'43 scenarios and i have to say that i'm a bit disapointed. Almost all the scenarios i've play were unbalanced or heavily unbalanced.

#421206_01a Clearing Jebel el Guessa [HTH]
Is the only one balanced i've play. but it's really really hard to obtain a major victory for any side. In fact, having something else than a draw is a real challenge.

#430214_02a Like Wolves on the Fold [HTH]
OMG:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
This is the most unbalanced scenario i've ever played... Germans can encircle enouth allied forces to obtain a major victory befor allies can release. The german player can win with fingers in the nose and the allied player can only watch an cry. I played the scenario on both sides so i know exactly what i'm talking about

#421125_01a Race for Tunis [HTH]
OMG too...
Allies have to attack but they are weaker than the defending germans... The night fixed units rule is a real nightmare. germans can just encircle allied units during the night and destroy them during the next day. Also played on both sides, both games finished with an early surrender and a decisive axis victory.

#430219_02a The Debacle at Kasserine Pass [HTH]
This one is not bad. But it also can be improved. It's very hard for allies to obtain a victory but it's almost impossible for germans to have more than a minor victory. If the VH values are changed it could be a very good scenario.

430422_01a: The End in Africa [HTH]
Something who should be the biggest attraction of this game, the big 100+ turns scenario, is just a big joke. Germans have absolutly no chances to win.
At the beggining they have something that looks like a strong bunker line. In fact it's just a trap for axis troops. Allies have lot of tanks in armored divisions and lot of good AT guns (between 70 and 100) in foot divisions. The hard range is 2 hexes which mean that the bunkers can be blowed up from a safe distance. And trust me. 80 6pdr-AT guns firing at a bunker can make heavily damages...
Then we have axis compagnies fighting against allied batalions... The result is well know. Axis compagnies are destroyed one by one and allied units just have to recover fatigue from time to time.
Here the question is not can the axis player win but how long can he resist before being destroyed.

I think there is lot of work for the patch. specially on the big scenarios who are the biggest attraction of this games.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tunisia'43 unbalanced scenarios. - by Arkan - 08-03-2011, 04:20 AM
RE: Tunisia'43 unbalanced scenarios. - by Arkan - 08-03-2011, 07:44 AM
RE: Tunisia'43 unbalanced scenarios. - by raizer - 08-03-2011, 10:57 AM