• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A few armored car musings and misc. requests
05-21-2011, 09:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2011, 09:31 AM by Hawk Kriegsman.)
RE: A few armored car musings and misc. requests
(05-20-2011, 02:47 PM)John Given Wrote: Perhaps this all comes down to a difference of opinion - it is just a game -

I think that's all that is happening here. Discusion with differing view points.

Quote:but I suppose what I'm struggling with is, what are all the parameters used to determine the defense factor of our armored vehicles?

Unless an original designer steps up. We may never know. I looked in my Talonsoft EF, EFII, WF and RS manuals and there are no desiner notes. :hissy:

Quote:I cannot believe we would just leave things up in the air, at the whim of some random designer, for want of an actual system used to determine such values.

They did not do this. I do not see that they left anything up in the air in this regard (difference of opinion) and I see it well though out and consistent. Unfortunately you don't, and that is not a bad thing at all. Thoughtful questioning makes people think. :chin:

Quote:I'm just musing / thinking out loud at this point guys - the above is an example of how simplistic a formula for determining defensive values for our favorite game would look like, that's all.

While thinking / musing is good, I do not believe there is (or was) a simple formula at all. Vehicles are too unique and dessigners / playtesters to opinionated (admit it..we have all questioned unit values in any and all wargames) for a simple system.

Quote:This is giving me a headache though... :bang:

I would not go that far myself. I have enjoyed it.

Thanx!

Hawk
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A few armored car musings and misc. requests - by Hawk Kriegsman - 05-21-2011, 09:30 AM