• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
05-08-2011, 07:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-08-2011, 08:02 PM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 13

French commander (Foul) turn 13 thoughts:
In the north
I am lucky that Rick seems to have no real strength to push on Lens, i am desperately trying to rest any troops i have and with night coming i hope to hold the positions i have, if i have to lose Lens i want to hold on for as long as possible to keep other VP locations out of reach.

In the centre
I lost Fresnoy as expected, also Rick pushed through my lines to the north of there creating a dangerous salient in my line, however his units are now coming into the range of my 75's on Vimy ridge who manage to disrupt his units and i cut off a single battalion and assault it causing 700 casualties which will be very useful in the final VP count, i am so glad i reinforced this area as it is the weak point in my line and the point Rick decided to attack in force.

In the south
The standoff continues and my position on the ridge is proving a huge advantage although Rick can target my units with his artillery firing over open sights , with night coming i feel happy that this area is as secure as it can be.

German commander (RickyB) turn 13 thoughts:
A bloody turn. After seeing my exposed battalion cut off and nearly destroyed, which I partially expected, I was able to use by reserve units to disrupt all the French between my main line and the trapped force, although that included a couple of costly cavalry charges needed to destroy a MG unit in good order. Then I was able to assault and cut off 2 battalions of French in turn and capture over 700 soldiers.

In addition, I began to move up close to the French where there infantry were disrupted and assault to destroy other MG units - this resulted in the loss of 2 complete MG units and some heavy French losses, although mine weren't light either. But this is weakening his firepower which should give me a bit of an advantage on day 3. I need it, Darran is putting up a good fight and I need somewhere around 4000 points to reach a draw. I don't see that as remotely possible at this point, I figure maybe 1500 are reachable unless the French fall apart.

[Image: 06b0c99bd8Turn13-14_Germans.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread