• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
05-04-2011, 06:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 07:57 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 11

French commander (Foul) turn11 thoughts:
In the north
Rick starts to exert some pressure and i lose a couple of hex's, that brings his units under the muzzles of my 75's and i cause some decent casualties, i get the impression that he has not got much in the way of resources to the east of Len's and i should be able to hold my ground or slowly retire if pushed hard.

In the centre
South of Len's i am not as happy, the 70e DR being a D rated unit is struggling to make any headway and high fatigue is taking its toll with most units disrupted, the only good news is that these units only seem to be facing cavalry and so may be able to hold their ground despite the condition they are in, if Rick hits me here i am in big trouble!

Further south (but still north of Arras) the 77e DI are still slowly giving ground, here to the south of Vimy ridge i believe the scenario will be decided, so to boost the 77e i have moved all of the Corps Troops and a battery of guns to bolster the defences against the big push to come, can i hold??

In the South
The artillery exchange continues, Rick is showing no sign of a push here (yet), i think he is hoping that when he exposes the ridge from the north he will be able to make some headway, i may have to abandon the ridge but not until the third day i hope!

German commander (RickyB) turn11 thoughts:
Not a lot of action this turn, still trying to use firepower to create weak spots in the French defenses. This battle definitely requires patience, as the French are strong everywhere. Still, disrupted French units are fairly common along the line. As best I can tell, my chances at victory rest on a push in the center against a French reserve division and cavalry units, and possibly in the south although the French forces there seem quite powerful.

[Image: e6101be190Turn11-12_Lens.jpg]

Observer (Volcano) thoughts:
An interesting situation is unfolding on the second day where the Germans believe that the key to victory is in the center. As an observer however, it is easy to see that the key to victory is also equally important and perhaps more obtainable on the thinly held northern flank where cavalry can fight cavalry for possession of many objectives, and possibly out flank the Lens area entirely. Then again, perhaps the battle will draw into the center entirely.
Turn 12

*No image needed for this turn, refer to the image in turn11*

French commander (Foul) turn12 thoughts:
Not much changed this turn, all along the line Rick is increasing the pressure as more and more forces arrive, in the centre the 77DI around Fresnoy is proving very fragile despite being in green fatigue and one of my better quality units, i am VERY glad that i bolstered this area with Corps Troops from the Arras area..

In the far south i can see Rick is slowly edging his units to within striking range of the ridge, all i can do is try to disrupt everything i can see.

As always for the defence, i cannot wait for the nightfall and its restrictions on the attacker.

German commander (RickyB) turn12 thoughts:
Making better progress now in the middle, the north seems to favor the French overall but not by a lot. The south is stalemate right now, but the French have a strong position.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 05-04-2011, 06:29 AM