• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Triple A Tournament
02-28-2011, 07:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2011, 08:27 AM by Mad_Dog.)
RE: Triple A Tournament
Here is the scenario and matchups for Round 3 of the Tourney.

A Knife in the Back at Sowchos 79
Designer: Jeff Conner

The Drive to relieve Stalingrad was on! The Chir River would anchor the left flank of the assault. However, the Russians were not content to allow the Germans to advance unhindered.

The 1st Tank Corps attacked across the Chir and thrust aside elements of the 336th Infantry Division that tried to stop them as the Russian armor seized Sowchos 79, a large collective farm deep in the German's rear. It was now imperative that the Russians be thrown back across the Chir if the attempt to relieve the surrounded 6th Army was to succeed.

Tasked with this job was General Balck's 11th "Ghost" Panzer Division, newly arrived from the Rostov area. Balck maneuvered his troops into the Russian's rear and then attacked from multiple directions. The panzers overran a column of Russian reinforcements and then struck the Russian tanks, which had finally turned to face the threat in their rear.

By the end of the day, Sowchos 79 was back in German hands, more than 50 Russian tanks were burning hulks and the Russians were in retreat back across the Chir, but the Ghost Division had been lost during a vital day in the drive to Stalingrad and the assault would eventually bog down, only a stone's throw from their beleaguered comrades.

I enjoyed this scenario a lot when I played it against Phatman. It helped that I had some amazing luck with my armour, while he had the opposite, but I wouldn't count on that happening for anyone this time. In my opinion, this is a big scenario, with a lot of units. The terrain works against the Germans as well, there are a lot of elevation changes, and this combined with the snow conditions means you have to plan movement very carefully. Lots of tanks, lots of infantry and a collective farm to fight over, have fun!

Round 3

Checkmate King 2 (Major Victory) vs Cyrano (Major Loss)
Cyrano (Major Loss) vs Checkmate King 2 (Major Victory)

fastphil (Major Victory) vs Phatman (Major Loss)
Phatman (Draw) vs fastphil (Draw)

tallin (Major Victory) vs Landser34 (Major Loss)
Landser34 (Major Loss) vs tallin (Major Victory)

scots greys (Major Loss) vs Rabbit (Major Victory)
Rabbit (Major Victory) vs scots greys (Major Loss)

Laza (Major Victory) vs hero_33 (Major Loss)
hero_33 (Minor Loss) vs Laza (Minor Victory)

Ozgur Budak (Major Victory) vs NikB (Major Loss)
Nikb (Major Loss) vs Ozgur Budak (Major Victory)

cazart! (Major Victory) vs Sir Killalot (Major Loss)
Sir Killalot (Minor Loss) vs cazart! (Minor Victory)

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

Messages In This Thread
Triple A Tournament - by Mad_Dog - 10-02-2010, 10:23 AM
RE: Triple A Tournament - by Mad_Dog - 01-02-2011, 10:39 AM
RE: Triple A Tournament - by Mad_Dog - 02-28-2011, 07:12 AM