• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Looking for game for Punic Wars and Gallic Warfare
02-09-2011, 08:09 AM,
RE: Looking for game for Punic Wars and Gallic Warfare
Hi, Vincent.
The e-mail sequence you refer to earlier is designed to minimise cheating. It prevents you taking a move, allowing the action to play out, realising your first decision was disastrous then re-doing the move until you are happy with the result. The number of times the e-mail is passed back and forth is also a result of the 'we go' system. Now I know you would say you would never cheat but this has historically been a big issue on HPS games hence the e-mail game was designed to address this issue.
I note your view on the need for a 3D zoom out view and this has been partly developed. In the long term we hope to add this level to the game series.
Your comments on organisational structure and practices I will not challenge as I am an engineer not an historian. The platform was originally constructed for Punic Wars and once I retire I will be looking in to the creation of other games which may address this point.
Thank you for your comments and feedback. I would be particularly interested if you could offer alternative solutions as well as highlighting issues.
Regards,
Paul
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for game for Punic Wars and Gallic Warfare - by Leonadis - 02-09-2011, 08:09 AM