• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
01-30-2011, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011, 07:54 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !!
Turn 10

[Image: e2a78ad2d7Turn10.jpg]

French commander (Foul) turn10 thoughts
In the north my tired forces have to give ground before Lens, i just didn't have the firepower to push Rick over the river to secure this flank, the only good news is that he is now in range of my 75's and i have caused a few casualties.

In the centre Rick starts to probe towards Vimy, i can see fresh battalions approaching in the rear so i will start to slowly give ground to the Vimy ridge position, further south at Fresnoy and Vitry Rick follows up my slow withdrawal but i give him a bloody nose here and there, i have started to move all my Army Troupes de Corps from the south to support this part of the line which i suspect will take a hammer blow as Rick tries to work his way south of Vimy ridge, they are D quality but should still help to thicken up my line in this area.

In the south it is static on the ridge position, i am trying to disrupt as many of his units with my 75's, i am rotating my battalions to behind the ridge to keep their fatigue down.

The plan for today is to give ground slowly falling back on a better defensive position, the last day will be a hard struggle to hold onto as much as possible, but i must not let my forces be destroyed as that might allow an "end run" to a whole host of VP locations.

German commander (RickyB) turn10 thoughts
My forces in the south are bogged down against a strong French force in good positions. My infantry in the center continue to move into position for a hard attack, with some probes and attacks continuing in the southern part of the central attack. The north is mostly a stalemate for my troops. I did assault an enemy stack just south of Lens with a fairly weak cavalry unit to try and knock out some guns and MGs. Losses were slightly higher for me, but one MG unit was destroyed, but no French 75s.

[Image: bb3e5da053Turn10_.jpg]

Here is the VP situation after 10 turns........
[Image: af5cf5b6daTurn10_VP_levels.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: France '14 AAR Turning the flank !! - by Mr Grumpy - 01-30-2011, 10:30 AM