• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Small video tutorial
01-09-2011, 07:23 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2011, 07:25 AM by Cross.)
RE: Small video tutorial
Good stuff BF.

Nice to see the game in wide screen. A couple of my boys have the 1080p LCDs and they look nice, but I've yet to give up on my old CRT. I guess I have a reason to get one now.

A suggestion for your next tutorial: Go into PREFERENCES in the game, and turn OFF the BATTLE FX button. Then you won't be trying to speak over all the ambient battlefield sounds. I never play the game with those annoying sounds turned on anyway.

Another suggestion for your game set up. When you move a vehicle it appears to instantly arrive at the destination, as if it teleported ;-).

This may be partly the slow frame capture rate of FRAPS, but you can adjust vehicle movement in the GAME OPTIONS screen (when you first open the game) There's a MISC tab. At the bottom of the MISC window you can adjust:

Graphics Delay.....40 ms
Unit Move Delay....50 ms

I think those are the default settings in milliseconds

I haven't adjusted the graphics delay much, but I have the unit move delay set to 300ms for the vehicles to move smoothly along a road at what looks like the correct speed for the scale (for my PC).

cheers
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Small video tutorial - by BluntF - 01-09-2011, 02:11 AM
RE: Small video tutorial - by Cross - 01-09-2011, 07:23 AM
RE: Small video tutorial - by BluntF - 01-10-2011, 04:27 AM