• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
01-05-2011, 06:24 PM,
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz?
I bought this game the day it came out, and I have played several of the scenarios. I am in a campaign game with a friend to feel it out for PBEM as well.

The game is huge...but compares to say Normandy or some other large PzC campaign game. I spend about 3 hours to do my turn quickly. (as the axis)

There is a bit of a learning curve, but you can throw yourself right in without too much reading. The units are easy to move, and fight, and the air war can be automated, without any intervention on your part.

If you want the detail, there is many things you can micromanage, like support units (stug battalions etc), fly individual squadrons etc....and probably will have to, to become an expert player.

The Russian AI is pretty good, in that you probably wont beat it (or get a Majority victory) the first few times you try. The feel of the eastern front is maintained...

Lastly, there are some oddities in the game, that are being addressed, and the developers are dedicated to improving the game. They plan to release War in the West and War in the Desert using the same model, so it has to be perfect.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gary Grigsby's War in the East hosted at the Blitz? - by Liquid_Sky - 01-05-2011, 06:24 PM