• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode
12-08-2010, 04:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2010, 04:42 AM by Ricky B.)
RE: F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode
Took me awhile to follow you on this one, Dog Soldier, but I think I got you now. You are saying that having the unit "stuck" in rail mode is a way to represent the loss of rolling stock for transporting other units right, by tying up that point of capacity? I, and I think VM, took it that you were justifying the inability of the broken unit to exit the train as valid because the train suffered damage, so I had this image of the train smashed to pieces and the unit on the train still able to move about the countryside on tracks, at will, but can't leave as their doors were blasted shut. Reminded me of a Sci Fi story or something - the wandering black train, permanently burning from end to end with the terrified souls of the 1.SS.Inf.Bn stuck on it for eternity, preventing other units from boarding the train but able to go back and haunt Hitler's mind forever, as long as train tracks led there.

Anyway, if the other is what you are thinking, then it could explain the loss of ability to move one other unit - but since this broken unit can still move around it ruins the "reasoning" I think, and would agree with VM that much better to allow the unit off the train, somewhere short of a permanent H*ll :).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode - by Mafooo - 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM
RE: F14. Routed unit stuck in Rail Mode - by Ricky B - 12-08-2010, 04:40 AM