• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
12-06-2010, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 12:48 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
(12-06-2010, 11:37 AM)papajack Wrote: $40 ? Is the JTS only going to release 1 game ? I have more than 30 HPS games...and can very sure that I will buy more than 1 JTS games in future ..

The HPS John Tiller games have no DRM and so we're only talking about one game right now

Quote:Just give you the receipt number and guarantee I can reset my license ?

It is the game Serial Number you give JohnTillerSupport - they match that to you name which would be in teh database because you bought it there.

Quote:I think you better consult with the e license system support again before making this statement , if is that easy then there is no need for all this debate

Just post this statement in the website and I am on my way to buy this game

It says in the FAQ

Q: But what if my old computer crashes first and I can't uninstall the game?

A: In that case, you would need to request a manual deactivation from support. Once they do that for you, you can then install the game on the new computer.

Quote:I am really a big JT fan and have been buying all his PZC titles ...I am just disappointed and frustrated that I cannot do that any more ...I dont earn much and every cent do count for me ...

I understand you concern and I am sorry bit as of today there is no way to purshase the game or new games on CD.

Quote:I really want to but I had some bad experience with some other company that use this DRM that I vow not to buy any game that use this system ..why this has t happen to my favorite developer

I can't help you with other developers and I'll leave you with the last word if I can't do anything to change your mind.

Quote:Enough said , I iwsh all the best to JT and his co ..you have really give me so much enjoyment through out the years

(12-06-2010, 11:57 AM)Tao Drifter Wrote: I'm rather surprised at how easy is it to be dismissive of someone else's $40. Given the economic environment, the individual's unknown income source and an equally unknown how much disposable income they have; it seems a rather rude response. $40 x however many games the individual may purchase down the road could be quite a tidy sum invested. Couple that with the fact JTS has implemented a DRM system in order to try and stem the loss of money through piracy seems to be rather onesided in viewing the monetary transaction.

Oh come on $40 for X number of hours of gaming enjoyment is not expensive entertainment for any budget. I can't think of anything off hand that is cheaper.

So please don't make me sound like I am being rude. That is not my intention at all.

PCs will crash we know that - and Support will have to assist people who have purchased the game reactivate them. It is the same John Tiller that has been around for years making games and the crowd here knows that he stands behind is games. How other companies have treated customers is a factor we have no control over.

If you are not going to get this game because it has to activate over the internet after you download and install it - that is your choice and I respect that.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43 - by Glenn Saunders - 12-06-2010, 12:36 PM