• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
12-05-2010, 03:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2010, 01:08 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43
(12-05-2010, 10:50 AM)Jazman Wrote: Heart attacks, strokes, accidents are sad, but they are quite common. God forbid that anything like that happen to Mr. Tiller anytime soon, but it happens to us all, some sooner, some later. I'm just being realistic.

[Sarcastic remarks on]
Of course you are right - best not invest that $40 in something as risky a venture as this.

Invest it in a game of golf this summer, or maybe a movie for two, some pop corn and maybe a hamburger and a beer. Much better long term value. And no risk. I know I've never seen a movie I didn't like.[Sarcastic remarks off]

I am truly sorry if these remarks have offended anyone. $40 is eight hours pay at $5 an hour.

It is a lot of money but to anyone who enjoys these types of games, - like teh guys who post here - it will provide hours and hours of entertainment and I feel pretty good about thinking it is a good deal. It is a quality product that has taken a great deal of hours to create.

If you get the game and you have a problem with your PC, you might need to contact support - and I believe John Tiller and the people around him have a long proven track record is supporting the games and his customers.

From the website

Q: But what if my old computer crashes first and I can't uninstall the game?

A: In that case, you would need to request a manual deactivation from support. Once they do that for you, you can then install the game on the new computer.

Q: Activation requires that I be able to connect to the John Tiller Software server over the Internet. What happens if John Tiller Software goes out of business and there isn't a server to connect to?

A: We have been developing computer wargames since 1995 and almost all of the products developed since that time are still being sold and supported. We have demonstrated a unique ability to remain in the challenging wargame industry for the long term, but if what you say does happen, it is our commitment to our customers to release updates to all of our products that would not require activation.

If you do NOT believe this, then there is little more anyone can do except suggest you try one of the existing titles, I hope to have a patch for Budapest '45 in the next few days. It runs from CD and does not require activation.

Glenn
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Petition: John Tiller - Remove DRM Kharkov 43 - by Glenn Saunders - 12-05-2010, 03:55 PM