• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

John Tiller Software is born--Digital Download
12-04-2010, 07:28 AM,
RE: John Tiller Software is born--Digital Download
(12-04-2010, 07:02 AM)tallin Wrote: Based on 'fan' input, I would not be surprised if JT games quickly goes to a two CPU activation.

I mean no disrespect to the development team, seeing that I playtest for SB and know many of them, but it took them a long time to go to the DD. I don't see them making an adjustment on the system that quickly based on some folks griping on the forums. If it cuts into the bottom line, then perhaps.

I guess I'm a touch disappointed that some type of discourse or focus group wasn't done about the impact of only being able to have one active game working, given that I'm sure a fair number of gamers have two computers. I'd have told him that the single use license was a bad idea and explained, as a two computer user, specifically why. At some point they may have determined that the loss of some folks could be off-set by the increased revenue by doing the games themselves rather than going through another publisher. Either that or they figured that the hard core guys were going to buy the games regardless.

The other thing about OOTP that would be an interesting twist for a future DD thing with JTS would be to be able to download a demo that could be converted over to a functioning game by simply paying for it. It would give buyers a chance to sample a game/series to see if they really liked it. The new Panzer Battles series that's on his site seems interesting, but I don't think I'd pay $40 to try something I may or may not like when it comes out.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: John Tiller Software is born--Digital Download - by TheBigRedOne - 12-04-2010, 07:28 AM