• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread
11-02-2010, 04:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-02-2010, 05:05 PM by Crossroads.)
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude
Welcome JRTXX, you're in :)

Do you mind if I put you to the Allied side?

Good comments again regarding the rules and set-up! I will do a write-up over the coming weekend, and will then consider "freezing" the rules for The Prelude. After we have completed that Part I of Tournament, when moving to Part II that is the 1939, we can have a look at what worked and what didn't.

I loved the idea that the teams need not to be equal in size, and with people going on R&R or becoming casualties and disappearing (which in long turn is inevitable), a side loosing a general would just need to cope with the loss, put a new man in, and that new man would just need to cope with the situation and the cards given to him. I especially liked the idea, that no scenario should be lost, a missing person would be replaced by another on a fly (when a certain amount of time has perished while waiting for the turn to be mailed in).

In the spirit of Mark's post above, I agree we should be quite flexible in having people come and go. As this is just a game, and we do have our real life responsibilities. This should be about fun and enjoyment, not about stress and guilty consciences (sp?).

I believe we have put a good effort in, in designing a setup that is not dependent on one individual. The teams are self healing. The facilitator may change. But the War: it will just go on! :2guns:

Kool Kat: Roger that. Welcome into the battles come 1939?

So yes, keep the ideas coming, and let me know about the side you want to play in. Over the coming weekend I believe we are ready to get The Prelude started. Yes?
Visit us at CSLegion.com
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hostilities Imminent! (Still Recruiting) The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude - by Crossroads - 11-02-2010, 04:17 PM
Axis Major Victory - by Ashcloud - 01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Looking for a 1939 game - by Ashcloud - 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Available for Axis side - by Ashcloud - 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
RE: Available for Axis side - by Crossroads - 05-30-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: Available for Axis side - by Ashcloud - 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Majog Vs Borisforas completed - by majog - 04-16-2013, 06:53 AM