• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

The Official World in Flames Tournament Thread
10-31-2010, 09:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-31-2010, 09:23 PM by Von Earlmann.)
RE: Now Recruiting! The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude: 1935 - 1939
I'm still on the fence about this but will admit I do find it interesting. I have reservations about potential problems. Please understand I am not trying to dampen the concept nor ruin it; just playing devils advocate a bit. The first major problem will be with the optional rules which will probably eliminate me as a player. I will not play with EA off or armor facing on.I didn't mention VV cause that is so universally disliked anyway.

Second fear (and this comes from years as a sports official) is gamey play esp the so called 9:30 charge to get enough points for a victory.I have found that once you keep score in anything the competitive level goes up and the fun level goes down. It tends to bring out the worst in most of us.Don't get me wrong I like competition if it is fair and ethical but have found in todays world they are both the first casualties of any competition.

Third problem is I don't play pre war years scenarios nor RS as I have no interest in them and fear the RS game will amplify the gaminess with all the banzai thingys.

Anyway it is a noble endeavour and well worth the time being spent on it.

VE
Oops! Probably should have posted this on the other thread.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Now Recruiting! The World in Flames Tournament - The Prelude: 1935 - 1939 - by Von Earlmann - 10-31-2010, 09:18 PM
Axis Major Victory - by Ashcloud - 01-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Looking for a 1939 game - by Ashcloud - 02-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Available for Axis side - by Ashcloud - 05-30-2011, 05:00 PM
RE: Available for Axis side - by Crossroads - 05-30-2011, 07:59 PM
RE: Available for Axis side - by Ashcloud - 05-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Majog Vs Borisforas completed - by majog - 04-16-2013, 06:53 AM