• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Forum-improving lively topic #KKR1/10
10-29-2010, 08:24 AM,
RE: Forum-improving lively topic #KKR1/10
(10-29-2010, 07:53 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: Point taken, and might well apply in a full campaign setting. But a CS scenario is IMO not a grand strategic vehicle, but an operational/tactical level simulation ideal for gaming battles....not wars.
I am sure there are grand strategy games around that can do what Larry seeks.

Understood.

When I design a set of scenarios that depict a larger battle, as not everyone plays the campaigns, I do try to keep the overall picture in mind. Losses taken, if there were replacements and the quality of those replacements, the morale and how it changes, vehicle replacements/additions/losses, etc are all considered for each scenario. Come to think of it, I try and do the same thing for individual scenarios.

(10-29-2010, 07:53 AM)K K Rossokolski Wrote: And just on trucks, CS cannot replicate one of war's most common historical aspects..the capture and use of enemy equipment.

Agreed, not during the course of a scenario.

You can incorporate those captured units within a scenario set or a campaign setting, as many of the captured units are included in the various order of battles. Additional units will hopefully come into the game as we progress with UPDATEs.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Forum-improving lively topic #KKR1/10 - by Jason Petho - 10-29-2010, 08:24 AM