• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Higher fatigue for companies vs battalions
09-27-2010, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-27-2010, 11:28 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Higher fatigue for companies vs battalions
True, but I have split battalions into companies on the attack in order to cover the flanks of a breakthrough / salient. So it can work both ways but yes, I agree that it mostly works against the defender if he is spread thin. If you have adequate forces then it is not so much an issue.

The truth is though, if anything changed in this area then it would result a heap of gameyness that seems to be out of sight of those that dislike the way this works. If there was no higher fatigue accumulation, then you have no reason to have units combined, and as such, the first order of business would be to split units down to their lowest level to avoid loss, avoid disruptions, and to hold ground better (stacked companies). I just think it would be absurd from a gameplay standpoint to adjust this rule. Now whether or not it should be something less than 3x accumulation, (like 2x for companies, 1.5x for half battalions (2 companies), well, who knows but that too is very risky at breaking things.

I suggest that in games where KGs are formed, with split off companies, then it is probably better to make those companies as battalion sized formations in the OOB. This is actually done in some PzC titles AFAICR.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Higher fatigue for companies vs battalions - by Volcano Man - 09-27-2010, 11:27 AM