• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Extreme Assault Tactics - What Works Best?
06-29-2010, 11:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-29-2010, 11:29 PM by Von Earlmann.)
RE: Extreme Assault Tactics - What Works Best?
(06-29-2010, 10:01 PM)Cpl K. Kat Wrote: I seldomly assault when using the EA... But when I do, I have oftentimes put so much effort in planning to get that particular hex that I have a very good success ratio Eek

I recommend studying the two assault related docs in the manuals subfolder once again.

My tactics 101: in addition of using units with a strong assault factor, I try to get several disrupts on the defending unit, starting with heavy arty, continuing with MG units and tanks.

I could be wrong, but I believe that drives the morale of the defending unit down, making the success more likely?

I don't love it nor hate it, but wish it would be a tad easier to get a succesful results with EA :chin:

I tend to agree here.....you really have to prep for assaults......don't know if it is too hard to win or not but I think the higher the morale level the more difficult the assault. I think it should be that way as veteren troops while disrupted will probably tend to not panic quite as often as green troops. I do like the fact that just because a unit is disrupted doesn't mean you always win and just because they are not disrupted doesn't mean you always lose.

But, can't go by me I'm just an old guy with not much experience.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Extreme Assault Tactics - What Works Best? - by Von Earlmann - 06-29-2010, 11:28 PM