• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

1914 suggestions for rules/engine enhancements
06-19-2010, 09:09 PM,
1914 suggestions for rules/engine enhancements
I think it would be very good if there was a button to save MP for HQs so they can move and then go out of T mode.

Also should cav HQ not have to pay the 2/3 cost to mount up?

I still have not read the notes (Mrs B permitting that is todays job if it rains) but whilst I understand the artillery batteries use their MP to go from T to being able to fire I do wonder if Horse Artillery should pay 1/3 I recall from my youth Victor comic used to have a strip on people who won the VC and one of those was a horse artillery unit that came in to action and held back the enemy. Odd what you remember. Certainly the Kings troop using WWI 13pdrs can ride up unhook and fir in minutes

Should cavalry and lorried infantry be able to go "on foot"?

I think I read somewhere that in the future aircraft would attack with a 2 hex scatter. I have to say I think that is wrong. Pilots flew lower and slower knew where they were much easier than in WWII and when they bombed/straffed they saw the whites of the eyes. Often combat reports say they saw enemy infantry at polygon wood and attacked them. In that respect WWI bombing was more accurate than WWII just not as effective.

Mike
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
1914 suggestions for rules/engine enhancements - by Mike Bowen - 06-19-2010, 09:09 PM