• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

F 14 Campaign scenario observations
06-14-2010, 04:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-14-2010, 04:52 PM by Volcano Man.)
Thumbs_Up  RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations
Well, no, I definitely won't be releasing everything earlier at start, there has to be some semblance of order in the beginning in my mind, sort of a guiding hand so to speak, in order to get the campaign started off on the "right foot". A good example is that releasing the BEF earlier before Mons would likely cause, with hindsight, the BEF to actually go on the offensive towards the Germans, so you end up with the other extreme being possible which is equally gamey in my view because of the circumstances (hindsight). But this is just my personal design philosophy.

The great news is, no one has to agree with me; anyone can make their own campaign adjustments with no fixed units if they want, so that it turns into total-full-hindsight-chaos from the start or they can do everything I described already and more for more controlled start if they prefer that -- it is certainly up to everyone to decide where to go from here, and that is a good thing! One thing I would like to see someone consider doing is taking the campaign and making some Strategy Operation starting deployments with a few choices for both sides to keep each other guessing, I think that would be great to remove some of the hindsight, but it would certainly be tricky to pull off.

But other than that, I guess my point earlier is that I *may* or *may not* make a few official changes like I suggested over time to keep the Germans "honest" at start, to deter them from being able to move everything west because I do consider it a bit gamey for various reasons. I do play the game and its campaign myself, and I was just throwing out a likely possibility on how I might deter such a blatant a-historical move in the future if it turns out to be one of those "magic opening moves" (think of the old "attack west" approach from the southern pincer in K43 campaign). I am very big on trying to guide opening moves to a point, then letting it go from there to encourage a historical starting point and flow of events, and many times you can't catch every starting case until you notice them out over time. Oh well, I guess that is all I can really say about it, carry on with the discussion (I don't want to obstruct it too much). :cheeky:

*edited: clarification*
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: F 14 Campaign scenario observations - by Volcano Man - 06-14-2010, 04:26 PM