• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

"A cavalry charge can only succeed...
06-08-2010, 04:26 AM,
RE: "A cavalry charge can only succeed...
This is a very informative thread and thanks for all the information about cavalry. I too have ordered the game and I think I can see where the designers are coming from here. This is not PzC even though the game mechanics are the same. The commanders in 1914 had no clue as to the nature of the slaughter that was going to ensue right from the get go. There were no infiltration tactics. No one could comprehend the power of the MG and rapid fire arty with explosive shells as they formed up into skirmish lines and advanced into a hailstorm of lead. There were no breakthroughs on the western front until 1918, is that correct? No envelopments either? Even against no opposition armies marched 20k (12 miles) a day, is that correct? In PzC we are used to moving 20k in a single turn. So it isn't Napoleonics and it isn't PzC; but rather something completely different and the players who can most quickly adjust to a new system will experience the most success. Thanks for all the work. :soap: jonny
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: "A cavalry charge can only succeed... - by jonnymacbrown - 06-08-2010, 04:26 AM