• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

MapMod for First World War Campaigns
06-02-2010, 01:48 AM,
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns
(06-02-2010, 01:14 AM)Deturk Wrote:
(06-01-2010, 02:39 AM)Sch Wrote: Looks really good.

As an owner of a dozen HPS games I always wonder how come that they can produce excellent war games but they are unable to find a proper graphics designer.

As for the Panzer Campaigns series, these games without Volcano's art are outright ugly. I dont know the other titles, but iam sure they posses the same visual quality (or the lack of it)

The "turn based war game -> no grapichs, but great historical depth" statement may have been acceptable in the mid 80s but cmon ppl it is 2010 now.

I truly respect all the effort of HPS but I would really like to see better looking games from them. Especially that I pay 50 bucks for each title....
For this money I could buy any newly released game.

Dont misunderstand me, Iam a fanatical wargamer, love history and have nearly all the pzc titles, but at the dawn of the 21st century I would expect more, even from such games.

I would like to second that.
I don't. I prefer some standard "ugly" graphics but having the option to replace them with any graphic mod out there. For example i prefer the volcanoman artwork over the mapmod guy, i prefer the BOOTB map graphic over standard and mapmod one... I prefer to choose the graphics that i want for these games...
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Jison - 05-29-2010, 03:03 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Sch - 06-01-2010, 02:39 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by P.Ako - 06-02-2010, 01:48 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Sch - 06-02-2010, 06:21 AM
RE: MapMod for First World War Campaigns - by Al - 06-02-2010, 10:42 AM