• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First World War Campaigns: FRANCE 1914
05-30-2010, 07:44 AM,
RE: First World War Campaigns: FRANCE 1914
(05-30-2010, 07:38 AM)Volcano Man Wrote:
(05-29-2010, 02:24 PM)SnowBlue Wrote: Definite order but does the inclusion of only the eastern outskirts of Paris mean there is no scenario to try to implement the 1905 (I believe) version of the Schlieffen Plan?

I just want to clarify something (I am away at the moment, but can use this wonderful community PC at the hotel for about one minute *sarcasm*):

Actually, ALL of Paris is represented on the campaign map (the early campaign that is), as well as about 30 or more hexes (just a rough guess) further to the west of it. So, the Germans can indeed try to evelope Paris from the north and northwest if they want in the early campaign, there are certainly objectives around Paris for such a move, but doing so would thin their already stretched line out and the Germans will fine that there are more objectives along the historic route (to act as what I call "bread crumbs"). Lets just say that the breadcrumbs and what the allies do in reaction to the German advance will probably cause a somewhat historical advance path.

Also, everyone/anyone can also make an alternate campaign of "what if" von Moltke did not pull all those divisions away from the wing, and I want to do this with S|O options one day as an expansion, but sadly it was something I was unable to get around to doing. :(

Anyway, I hope that clears up the issue.

So.. does it means that the OOB will be modable?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First World War Campaigns: FRANCE 1914 - by P.Ako - 05-30-2010, 07:44 AM