• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

First World War Campaigns: FRANCE 1914
05-29-2010, 01:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-29-2010, 01:54 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
RE: First World War Campaigns: FRANCE 1914
Indeed First World War Campaigns is brand new series for us to enjoy which will complement the existing PzC/MC series and using a modified version of the PzC/MC engine, so any player who is familiar with PzC/MC interface will be right at home with the first title of this series France 14.

I was lucky enough to be asked by the designer Ed Williams (aka Volcano Man) to join his testing team and i can tell you that this title is a cracker, we have worked very hard for 18 months on making all the small/medium scenarios PBEM (or H2H) friendly, we have also introduced some brand new features that will give this game a much different "feel" from PzC/MC.

The greatest change that PzC/MC players will have to adapt to is that this title uses a modified version of the Alt fire rules by default and one of the favourite tactics of many PzC/MC players to create huge stacks to disrupt and assault enemy units will now lead to massive (and i am talking in the hundreds) of men lost per defensive shot!
So this will mean that players will have to be more cautious/subtle their attacks and all the testers agreed that we will have to repeat this message over and over until PzC/MC players unlearn the stacking habits of the past! LOL

Anyway check out my article on the new features in my other thread..;)
(05-29-2010, 12:47 AM)FM WarB Wrote: Also, would have liked Paris to be on the map.
The map does not include Paris, only the eastern outskirts.
(05-29-2010, 12:47 AM)FM WarB Wrote: I wonder if division level might not be better for WW1.
No this title works just fine at Battalion level.
(05-29-2010, 12:47 AM)FM WarB Wrote: Will this be an HPS/Tiller game?
Yup, any PzC/MC player will be right at home with F14.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: First World War Campaigns: FRANCE 1914 - by Mr Grumpy - 05-29-2010, 01:51 AM