• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

What would you ask JT to change if you are at TC3?
05-25-2010, 11:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-26-2010, 01:06 AM by Taffy6.)
RE: What would you ask JT to change if you are at TC3?
Moving on to MC. One big change I'd like to see has to do with OOB editing/ unit size/ fatigue. I don't know if this is possible with the game coding but....

In the Germany 85 games (FG85/NGP85/DF85) NATO units at the company level are facing WP units at the BN level.

The defensive NATO standard op-planning was (among other things) that a NATO mech infantry company team or tank company team (ie, company-sized tactical unit) was the fighting equivlent of a WP battalion sized tactical unit. However, in the series, company sized units fighting as companies (ie- broken down from BN-level) suffer a tremendous fatigue disadvantage that their attackers don't suffer (being BN's). Some designers use the "Kampfgruppe" unit size for NATO companies as a work around to the fatigue penalty broken down companies suffer, but KG's can't recombine as BN's.

I'd like to see a patch with a new classification of unit size which would allow a scenario designer to break down AND recombine selected company sized combat units out of and back into BN's. I envision this as a new size maybe called "Team" or "Company Team" which would recover fatigue like a KG or BN whether the unit was combined or not. This way, the scenario designer could provide for break down of certain manuever units into company teams with the same fatigue accumulation and recovery as BN's.

Taffy
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you ask JT to change if you are at TC3? - by Taffy6 - 05-25-2010, 11:35 PM