• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Mine Clearance: What's the best way?
05-22-2010, 01:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-23-2010, 12:26 AM by Bacillus98.)
Mine Clearance: What's the best way?
Here's a topic I have been pondering for a few days. What's the optimum way to clear mines? I have read some articles on Glenn's site that have helped guide me in the right direction. Should you....?

1.) Move the engineer unit and pray disruption does not occur. After successful mine removal, move units in cleared area.
2.) Move cannon fodder, usually low quality units such as Penal Units or D morale units. They will usually disrupt, and subsequent engineer movement follows. I thought that the morale check will be for the lowest rated morale unit, which could make the engineer unit disrupt easier if it becomes focus fired by your opponent.
3.) Zerg the desired hex with multiple engineer units and hope one can clear the mines in time for followup units.

For the sake of argument I am referring to a hex with (x1) mines in a clear terrain hex. For more heavily mined areas, clearance would obviously be more difficult.

So, how do you guys approach the mine problem?
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Mine Clearance: What's the best way? - by Bacillus98 - 05-22-2010, 01:35 PM