• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions Regarding Firing and Assault Resolution
04-29-2010, 05:20 AM,
RE: Questions Regarding Firing and Assault Resolution
I was playing a small S43 scenario, i had a German company (180 men) of A quality Pz Gren (on foot) defending a rough hex which was also the highest point on the whole map, my opponent tried to disrupt my unit with arty and direct fire but with no success, with turns running out i thought i was totally secure until maybe out of desperation he assaulted my unit with about 1200 B quality Canadians, i held the hex but lost 60 men (to his 30) and gained a massive amount of fatigue, the next turn his assault succeeded again with minimal casualties.

So there is a rare example of a assault that succeeded (in two attempts) without a disruption shot, for me the critical factors were the odds 6.5/1 and the B quality of the assaulter's which overcame the factors in my favour being the A quality of my unit and the fact my unit defended at its full assault value.

(Reading through the assault rules again the height advantage has no effect of assault resolution that i can find.)
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions Regarding Firing and Assault Resolution - by Mr Grumpy - 04-29-2010, 05:20 AM