• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions Regarding Firing and Assault Resolution
04-27-2010, 08:48 AM,
RE: Questions Regarding Firing and Assault Resolution
I add to the others comments i am afraid assault is a bit of a "black art" with no certain way of knowing what result you will get, experience will give you a gut feeling for when it is time to assault a hex, there is no magic formula to use.

Disrupting your opponents units is very important, not only does this half their defending fire, more importantly it half's their assault value when the result calculation is made, but the numbers of defenders and any hexside terrain features also play a part.

Quality also plays a major role, with the lowest quality rating of the attacking units and the highest quality rating of the defending units taken into account, so don't assault with 3x A quality units and a single C quality unit as your "assaulting quality" will be C.

If you don't want to suffer excessive casualties/fatigue a minimum odds of 2-1 is desirable.

On occasions you can assault without disrupting your opponents units first, this is normally done if you have a massive advantage in numbers say 1000 attackers vs 150 defenders, you may not take the hex but you will pile fatigue on the defending unit, also if you suspect the quality of the defenders is low i.e. E quality an assault might work.

But nothing is certain, i have assaulted a stack of disrupted units got a bad dice roll and not taken the hex although i felt all the assault check box's had been ticked. :(
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Questions Regarding Firing and Assault Resolution - by Mr Grumpy - 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM