• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

One Most Overlooked Asset
04-22-2010, 11:18 PM,
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset
I often struggle with both over and under analyzing a scenario as I play.

Sit around and click on every terrain aspect, looking at LOS and the like, and you mentally bog yourself down into inaction. Move too quickly with not enough planning and you end up with your men in an exposed area ready to get whacked. Every game I play I still go through this, although I think I'm getting quicker about things with more experience.

I do tend to over-analyze turns against really, really good players. My turns against Oz take me way too long and I end up getting crushed anyway. I call it the Ozgur Factor.

:)

Since I've done a great deal of playtesting over the past couple of years, I've found that my PBEMing has actually gotten a little worse because I know what I can do to defeat the AI as an opponent. Trying to finish the testing as quickly as possible has led me to push through scenarios, and I feel that my overall game has gotten a tad sloppy. Having two little kids and less time to focus on SB also doesn't help....

There have been scenarios where I completely missed the objective of the game and hence never quite got to where I needed to go. It happens.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
One Most Overlooked Asset - by Riley D. Smith - 04-21-2010, 08:19 AM
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset - by Mad_Dog - 04-21-2010, 12:13 PM
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset - by Ozgur Budak - 04-21-2010, 06:14 PM
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset - by Laza - 04-21-2010, 08:39 PM
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset - by Riley D. Smith - 04-21-2010, 09:44 PM
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset - by Nikb - 04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
RE: One Most Overlooked Asset - by TheBigRedOne - 04-22-2010, 11:18 PM