• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Scoring
04-20-2010, 01:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-20-2010, 01:40 AM by Imp.)
Scoring
Sorry in advance going to be a bit long.

The Blitz scoring system by Weasel & Kiwi works well for meetings but in my view falls down for other battle types.

Looking for thoughts/ solutions.
Thinking of producing a spreadsheet to run alongside the current one & see how things pan out as a test but need a data monkey to do the leg work Away from my better half who would normally do, I could but slow as hence dont enter formula much. good job she does not read this :)

The idea is to produce a one stop sheet that offers more variety, perhaps with players having the option of choosing scoring method before start play & to provide a basis for tourney scoring.

Thoughts
1) Fix so works better for advance assaults.
2) Make the allocation of flag importance variable
This would allow players to decide the importance of objectives vs destruction of forces for a game. It would give Tourney Masters a good starting point for scoring & can tailor to how they want the battle to be fought. From flags of no importance to the main objective.

If I understand correctly the current system already gives a lot of info, vic margin, efficency etc. Possible ways to change.
Have the spreadsheet do
1) Assign points value for flags based on purchase cost of your force.
So flags would be worth a set % of your force.
Adjusting % higher holding capturing ground becomes important.
Adjusting % lower destruction of forces takes priority.
Doing this flags would take no further part in determining victory conditions as factored in.
2) To work either all flags would have to be set to zero which is easy enough if place manually or have spreadsheet deduct values.
I think normally there are a max of only 1 or 2 values used & can enter flags controled at end & have spreadsheet deduct.

This is I think an improved version of the way the game normally scores but with the advantage of adjusting flag priority easily.

For diffrent meeting types add a column with a modifyier as follows.
Either straight forward based on engagement type or more for tourneys, scenerios based on 2 modifiers.
1) Meeting type
2) Total Purchase Cost Ratio of both sides

Determining a value for 1 is the tricky bit playtesting seems the only way unless you are cleverer than me....... not that hard.

For a meeting it would be zero.
For an assault it would need to modify the points to allow for the difficulty of attacking dug in units.

This could either adjust one sides score or perhaps give the flags a diffrent priority.
The defender starts with them all & in my view capturing ground is the main priority so see if this makes sense.

Attacking side is assumed to start with say 6 imaginery flags in his control.
If converting flags to points this would be added to his score.
If using Blitz system flags controlled would be based on 27 not 21, this would have the effect of shifting the results slightly I think in the attackers favour.
Any thoughts?
Please keep simple & concise if possible.

Gibratar if you have some time would be intrestead in your thoughts as from your Special Rules Post have clearly spent some time on this.
More than willing to dole out some points to any usefull contributers.
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Scoring - by Imp - 04-20-2010, 01:20 AM
RE: Scoring - by low_bidder - 04-20-2010, 04:28 AM
RE: Scoring - by Imp - 04-20-2010, 06:07 AM
RE: Scoring - by Walrus - 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM
RE: Scoring - by Thexder - 04-21-2010, 02:51 AM
RE: Scoring - by Imp - 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM
RE: Scoring - by Walrus - 04-20-2010, 12:45 PM
RE: Scoring - by Thexder - 04-20-2010, 07:14 PM
RE: Scoring - by Imp - 04-20-2010, 01:54 PM
RE: Scoring - by Vesku - 04-20-2010, 05:44 PM