• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Making Units/Missing Units ?
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM,
c_Question Mark  Making Units/Missing Units ?
I believe I saw something posted about creating your own units but not sure if it was for JTCS or I was imagining it :) The reason I am asking about this is I am designing 2 scenarios, one WF and one EF and both involve Railroad Artillery (RA). Historically there was Railroad Artillery on both fronts, and what I was looking for in EF OOB was the 80cm Gustav which was used in the siege of Sevastopol along with the Karl Mortars and and the siege Leningrad. The problem is and unless I am missing them, there are no Railroad Artillery units in any of the EF OOBs for any year during the war, in fact there are many units which do not show up in either WF or EF. There is RA in the WF OOBs but only 280 mm. What I though might work was to place a few of the WF RA in a zip and insert it into the EF folder and open it but when I did, the units were entirely different from what I zipped, I believe they turned into some sort of Inf unit, so you can not mix and match WF units with EF units and vice versa. So my question is, can I create the 80cm RA unit or any other units which may be missing from either the WF or EF OOB? Thanks for any assistance.

Joe
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Making Units/Missing Units ? - by Troll - 03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
RE: Making Units/Missing Units ? - by Jason Petho - 03-25-2010, 11:37 AM
RE: Making Units/Missing Units ? - by Troll - 03-25-2010, 12:12 PM
RE: Making Units/Missing Units ? - by Pointman - 03-26-2010, 02:56 AM
RE: Making Units/Missing Units ? - by Glint - 03-26-2010, 04:21 AM