• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
03-17-2010, 10:08 PM,
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
(03-17-2010, 05:04 PM)Volcano Man Wrote: The great big secret about France '40 (I remember this intimately) is not that the Alternative Fire Resolution rule was actually needed, it wasn't, it was the Alternative Assault Resolution was needed for the early war tanks to survive in assaults, and the powers that be didn't want just one single Alternative resolution rule to be used: it had to be all or none. The irony here is that it happens to work, and that you justify its inclusion as if it were something that was taken under great consideration. It was added as the default, because all the Alt Resolution had to be, and we accept it as holy ground. There is nothing wrong with that, but it speaks volumes that you could simply turn it on in the other games and it could work, and hurt, in the same exact ways that it does in F40 and N44, nothing more, nothing less. I just want to avoid the tendency of... overvaluation, or whether or not we are just justifying something simply because the egg came out of the chicken.

That's right cheers, try to play F40 without the alt assault resolution and you will see how fragile the tanks are when attacked by infantry.

But to go back to the original subject, I have to say that I love your idea VM (all mvt point cost for one hex in deployed status), it does make sens and, like you I do agree it doesn't mean that they move the guns without trucks, it just mean that they move them with caution.

The PzC are not a tactical game, so we don't have to model exactly the unit to what they were, but more to what we think they should be able to do.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units - by Tortue Agile - 03-17-2010, 10:08 PM