• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
03-14-2010, 06:48 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-14-2010, 06:51 AM by Volcano Man.)
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
Yep, good point. It is all a matter of how you look at it. You are correct too, an AT gun crew went through great lengths to position the gun with a quick egress route available, otherwise it would be like digging your own grave if you just stuck the gun out somewhere, sent the prime mover away, and did not have a pre-determined tactical egress route/plan. With that mindset, it does make sense to allow all AT guns and HAA gun units to move one hex at full expense of MPs (as long as it is a legal move).

Thinking about it, it would cost the unit's full MPs to do so, so it is not like it would be able to do anything else (fire before or after or move again), and you are essentially surrendering the terrain. On the other hand, it does provide the defender with the power to just keep falling back one hex again and again, with the guns firing on the opponents turn, so maybe it is too powerful and that is probably where the other idea comes in (the auto T mode displacement move idea). So I guess all the ideas revolve around two possibilities: allowing non T mode movement at full expense of MPs or some sort of auto deploy into T mode as it moves away idea. I do think it is an important issue (I did not mean to imply that it wasn't -- this is the one topic of discussion that has reoccurred over the years many times in the forum). Anyway, more talk for Tillercon! ;)
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units - by Volcano Man - 03-14-2010, 06:48 AM