• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
03-09-2010, 11:08 PM,
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
Glad to see I managed to get AT guns back into a forum thread. :)

As further explanation the genesis of my question came from the fact that mortars had this capability. I wonder what the rationale was to allow mortars to move the one hex? Particularly considering some of the large (120mm) calibres.

As a scenario designer my question was born from trying to simulate things that I believed could happen. The suggestion of light and heavy AT category would let the designer decide which gun could or couldn't take advantage of the one hex rule. Whether it was only up to a 37mm Gun or included 50mm piece's etc would be the scenario designers call.

It was never my intention to suggest that prior released scenarios need to be retrofitted or any other such thing. This was something that could be done for new scenarios or new interpretations such as VM's alt versions.

Ultimately, Glenn is right. JT makes the call on such things. I can do what I want right now by using the mortar class and satisfy my design bug - it just isn't as elegant as I would have liked! Big Grin

Let the debate roll on.....
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units - by Strela - 03-09-2010, 11:08 PM