• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
03-07-2010, 08:09 PM,
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units
(03-07-2010, 06:14 PM)Strela Wrote: Obviously, I can bastardize the system and set my 'light AT' units as mortars without indirect fire but that causes problems with symbology etc.

Thoughts, comments?
Obviously i am not Glenn.....;)

Yup that would work, in fact in Volcano's _alt desert scenarios Ed changed the 2pdr Portee units to a LAA to allow them to move deployed which we felt was a more historical representation of the weapons abilities and prevented them suffering heavy casualties when adjacent to a Axis stack and changing into T mode, as usual their limited combat value was not worth the losses in VP points when they were AT units.

Of course this meant they had the LAA symbol on the counter which is the big downside.

I believe this issue was discussed at a Tiller Con and the result was the new rule where AT guns which lose an assault automatically go into T mode and lose an additional 50% of their guns, although that sounds a clever way round the issue (and it does work as intended) the losses you still suffer in guns (in VP terms) balanced against their combat ability means that my 1 hex range AT guns still dig trench's.

So a rule that would allow smaller AT guns to be manhandled one hex would be very welcome.

Sorry to high-jack your thread........Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question to Glenn S regarding AT units - by Mr Grumpy - 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM