• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

An Open Letter to Scenario Designers
03-04-2010, 08:58 AM,
RE: An Open Letter to Scenario Designers
I will always accept criticism and suggestions for any scenarios I design provided they make sense. I used to send scenarios to H2H but found very little usefull input. Even had testers suggest I put units in a scenario that were not even in the time frame. I am not an anal retentive to historical accuracy but I do try for some sort of realism based on the time period.
Also, many testers do not ask what the intent of the scenario designer was and make off the wall suggestions. I will test when I have the time and I will make suggestions while asking if they fit in with the designers overall concept.

I am never offended if someone makes a suggestion ( reasonable) nor am I offended if the designer does not use my suggestions. I learned a long time ago there are many ways to look at things.

When I decide to design a scenario I do have certain things I want the scenario to show. If I can get it to do that I am happy.......if it is balanced also that is great.........if it isn't balanced that's ok too as long as I can see the design doing and showing what I had envisioned......if people play it that is great.......if they don't that's ok too because I designed what I wanted and the creative juices got to flow........I mean hell......you can't keep that stuff bottled up for too long :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Open Letter to Scenario Designers - by Von Earlmann - 03-04-2010, 08:58 AM